Friday 15 July 2011

Mils Blue Quilt

I hadn't meant to blog this morning.  I logged on to look at my much neglected blog reader and realised I would rather write a post.

I have neglected this space and it distresses me so.  I wish I had the time to dedicate more to it... perhaps this will change in time.


Anyhow, want to see what I finished?  I'm not sure I even told you I had started it, but I made a quilt for Mil.  It's blue, it's a simple nine-patch, it is quilted in a very simple way, and actually I am really pleased with it.
And the best thing is that Mil likes it.  This is remarkable as he has an inherent dislike of all that is new.  But as I put it on his bed and started to take some photographs, he came upstairs and immediately got into bed and closed his eyes for a moment, then got back out and took great care in straightening it back out again.


Last night after bedtime he came back downstairs and said 'I really love my quilt mum, thank you for making it for me'.  I don't doubt for a moment that he knew how much that meant to me.

Speak to you all soon!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

what a sweet boy!

and what a lovely quilt!

dottycookie said...

Oh, I do love it when they say just the right thing!

It's good to see you here again. I know *exactly* how you feel about the whole neglected blog thing - but then they're meant to reflect our lives and if that means that sometimes they have to give way to other stuff well, so be it. The joy of google reader is that we can still find you when you are around!

Petit Filoux said...

Oh that's so sweet! It looks very nice too, perfect for a little boy!

Florence Knapp (Flossie Teacakes) said...

It's stunning! Really, really lovely. Well done, you clever bean. x

Caroline said...

I LOVE this! Well done for finishing. And doesn't it go well with the Thomas duvet cover! xx