I was given a big bag of cooking apples last week by a lovely lady who I am attending my patchwork quilting class with. B and I have been meaning to make some chutneys to go with cheese at our wedding and also for some Christmas gifts. We did a fair bit of hunting through recipe books and came across an untried recipe for Chili Apple Chutney. It looked delicious with lots of spices and yummy ingredients such as crystallised ginger. Last night we got out one of our big pans and set too.
I have to admit to sloping off to bed before bottling, but B did a great job... I checked this morning and there was not one dribble... I always manage to dribble hot chutney down the side of at least a couple of jars. He's in trouble now as I'll always get him to do that bit now!
Also, I have been tagged by fancy picnic. I need to disclose 7 interesting facts about myself ... hmm... there's nothing like somebody saying 'tell me something interesting about yourself' to make you feel utterly normal and boring! I have been panicking ever since Fancy Picnic tagged me with this one. I shall give it a go, but sorry if I bore you!!
1. I first met B at primary school... we were 7 and I thought he was a dish.
2. I am a chili fiend and find it quite difficult to eat anything without adding chili sauce. I even have folk bring me stocks of my favourite brand down from London when they come... you can't beat Maggi Marsala!
3. My son has a surname as his first name.
4. When I was 18 I began a chef apprenticeship at The Connaught in London... I didn't last long... chefs can be bullies and I don't like bullies!
5. I hate flying, but love planes.
6. I have a full motorbike license and used to ride a 1971 Vespa... ah, one day I'll have another.
7. A dreadful thing has happened... I have lost faith in my sewing machine... there may be a lull in sewing until I can get it serviced. Consequentially I feel a little lost.
So, the rules are:
1. Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blog.
4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
And I am going to tag: