Firstly, thank you all so much for your kind words after my last post. B is back to full fitness and is currently constructing a compost heap in the back garden.
It has been a good week, we have all had colds, and are feeling fairly run down - is it the time of year? But we ploughed through and got to the other side without any major injuries!
I had my quilting class again on Thursday piecing together the centre of my quilt, and sashing around the edge. I am really pleased with it. I am slightly annoyed about the configuration of the centre panel. I had arranged it so that there were no two pieces the same touching each other and it looked very nice and balanced, but something along the way went wrong and there is a little bit of an imbalance in a couple of places. But, I don't think it has really affected the overall impression so I am going to put it down to learning.
We had another wedding on Saturday. This time one of my cousins was getting married in Carmarthenshire. It was a beautiful day and a beautiful location. We were up and down in the day, so there was a fair bit of driving but it was lovely to see the family.
My mum was there and for her birthday, which was last week, my brothers and I got her a digital camera. Until now she didn't have a camera at all and has been clearly frustrated at not being able to document her growing and changing family. We knew she would never splash out for one herself so we clubbed together and bought one for her. And I made a case...
I love the fabric combination, and it fits the camera perfectly. It is really nice and snug. I was going to put a button on as a closing devise, but then thought it would be a bit fiddly for mum and she would never bother doing it up, and it might also damage the camera in time. I didn't really think this through and what would have been ideal is Velcro. It was too late by the time I realised, but I may make another on for B's camera and get it right second time.
In fact, the buttonhole that I have put in to feed the cameras strap through does hold the camera nicely in the case so it serves its purpose.
Finally, I had a good haul in the charity shops this week and among other things, including a couple of tablecloths for 'The Wedding', I got a few more pillowcases to make into flags for the never ending bunting project. I now have 70 flags, so almost half way to the 150 that I need for 50m of bunting... Hoorah!