Friday 4 December 2009

Ruben's grey cardigan

One of my very best friends had her first baby about a week ago, and on the weekend we went to meet the little chap. Very, very, very cute.

But, as his mother is one of the very few people that read this blog who also know me in the 'real' world, I have had to hold this post back. Time for the grand reveal.


I knitted him a Baby Sophisticate and the great free pattern is available from Stockinette. My Ravelry link is here. I used Debbie Bliss Merino Aran, Colourway 325105. It took 2.7 skeins.

The pattern was a real joy to follow and knit, and dead quick. The end result is cute, but I'm not sure how practical it will be for such a little one. The aran yarn makes the cardigan very bulky, so I don't think the baby will enjoy wearing it so much. I do find that there are a lot of baby knit patterns online that use aran wool. My yarn store doesn't have a great selection of colours in aran, and I do wonder about this bulk issue.

I went for grey and have jazzed it up with some green buttons!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute! I love the shawl collar and green buttons.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link to this pattern, it's lovely. I have added you as friend too on Ravelry.

Cloudberry said...

Very cute!
Love the buttons :)

Rhiannon said...

Lovely lovely lovely :)
And congratulations to your friend
x