Friday 4 December 2009

Pretty Cookie Mix


I am going to be carrying on with the Christmas theme for a bit, as I get my gifts sorted. Next is these great Cookie Mix jars from Bakerella. I haven't tested the mix so I really hope they bake up alright. The jars were a bargain 99p from our local hardware store. I have been buying them like mad as the lady there says she can't get any more and once they are gone, they are gone...


And, the Advent Calendar is working a treat. I had a long day at work and left the bowl as per the previous post with envelopes and pegs and ribbon with B and asked him to put it up somewhere and look what he did! I would never have thought of doing it this way! Brilliant.

5 comments:

Petit Filoux said...

I've seen those cake mix gifts things around, I think it's such a good idea! Love your jars too, I'm finding it hard to find some cheap ones, I'm hoping Ikea will fulfill my dreams tonight!

Jennifer said...

I love the jars, such pretty tops. The advent calendar looks great.

theprairiegirl.com

dottycookie said...

Oooh, those cookie mix jars do look yummy. I'm thinking they would make good hostess presents when we go to stay with people this Christmas and New year ...

French Knots said...

The baking mix in a jar is a great idea, the pretty jars set it off perfectly.

Rhiannon said...

Loving the jars - I'd seen something similar elsewhere, and think this might be the best gift for my friend who sort of likes cooking, but truly hates recipes - if all she has to do is add an egg, I'm sure she'll manage without hurling the jar across the room!
As for the advent calendar - i may have to borrow that way of hanging it up, as the method i tried doesn't work well when weight (such as chocolate coins) is brought into the equation!
xx