Wednesday 23 February 2011

Patches and scrapes

My little Mil never crawled, instead went straight to walking.  This was great for us, as we could sit him in the middle of the room and as long as he couldn't reach any furniture then he wasn't going to go anywhere.  He was even pretty safe if left by a piece of furniture or wall as he used to shuffle his way around the edge of the room going in and out of the alcoves, until he got where he wanted.  We never had to have a stairgate at the bottom of the stairs as along with crawling, he didn't get the climbing thing until later either.


However, even with an early start with walking, he didn't take to running in the same way.  Now, he can run pretty well, but like any 3 (nearly 4) year old he still goes flying on a regular basis.  And flying boys means scraped knees, and holey trousers.

I have not been doing much (any) sewing recently.  What can I say?  I've been busy.  I am determined to do a bit more though, and before I can make real progress I have some small 'clearing the ground' jobs to do.  One of which was this patching job. 

I think they look super-cute and am dead chuffed to be back in the sewing saddle.  Of course, now they have patches on Mil will probably not go near these trousers with a barge pole.  He's very fussy about what he wears... but that will remain to be seen... I'll keep you posted.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you let him pick the fabric, I'll bet he'd wear them every day. That's what we do with fussykins over here!

Petit Filoux said...

Well it looks very cute (and practical!) to me!

Jennifer said...

They look great, I usually think patched jeans look better than they did before.

dottycookie said...

Oh, so cute! I remember my mum doing the same for me :-)

Unknown said...

I love patches. My kids don't. At all.

My mum loved patches. I didn't. At all.

I guess history repeats itself.

Unknown said...

Wow this is really great I like this very much and the fabric are awesome.
Thank you for sharing with us.

dreamaire outlast blanket

4slash said...

good stuff! thanks for sharing!

AUSTIN TRIM & WHOLESALER