Monday 2 November 2009

Good wholesome October times



Looking back over the past couple of weeks at the photos I have taken has made me realise that although it feels like a bit of an uphill struggle at the moment, there have been some really wonderful moments and all of it so, so autumnal.



We were lucky enough to be invited to stay in a beautiful house with friends in mid Wales, we paddled in streams, walked up mountains and got looked at by sheep.

We've been walking back in our very own Mendips too, finding bear caves, woody streams and rich brown bracken topped moorland.
I'm also being charmed all over again by our pretty little City. How many people have to walk past a moat in order to get to the swings?
And who cannot get excited about carving up a spotty pumpkin... the gnarliest we could find, and the instructions were to make a happy pumpkin... no scary pumpkins in our house this year.
I've even being doing a (very little) bit of crafting. I'm knitting a vest, and love love loving the autumnal colours in my yarn.

So, uphill it may be at the moment, but we sure are having some nice times too.

8 comments:

dottycookie said...

That certainly is a very happy pumpkin!

I hope you'll start to feel as if you're coasting downhill soon rather than slogging ever upwards ...

Cat said...

Hello! Thanks for popping by. What a wonderful and dramatic landscape. And to have a moat to meander by - wow! I know what you mean about it being a little uphilly. And thank goodness for the nice times along the way - makes it all worthwhile!

The domestic novice said...

It would help if I'd actually had the right log in up and running - dur! C x

Ms. Cleaver said...

What lovely photos! I especially love the look on your son's face while he's handling pumpkin guts! And it looks like some very cozy yarn - can't wait to see the FO.

Rhiannon said...

What a wonderful looking autumn! And I love that city too - the boat race in the moat on august bank holiday, and how wonderful the shops are compared with my boring city, and the cathedral, and the fact there is a REAL market, and going to the pasty shop, and it being the Lovely's favourite place when we visit me parents...and...and... *nostalgia takes over*
xxx

Kyoko said...

What a gorgeous photos! Sounds like you had such a good time away.
Love the photo of de-gutting the pumpkin!! :D SO cute!

Jennifer said...

I just found your blog and am really enjoying it. What gorgeous views, I love the pic of the sheep staring at you. Can't wait to come back for more.

theprairiegirl.com

Mr. P said...

Such a nice pumpkin! Seems a shame to have cut it up. But the result was really nice, so I guess it's OK! :)